Z690 series install Intel® Optane™ Memory H10
1. Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 ( Here use Intel Optane Memory 32GB/512GB)
2. Install Intel Optane Memory H10, this technology only use in M.2 slots which are supported by chipset.
< BIOS/OS/Hardware installation setup >
1. Go to BIOS>Advanced Menu
1) Choose SATA configuration then set RAID in SATA mode.
2) Enable Hybrid Storage Detection and Configuration Mode.
(Make sure CSM Support is Disable.) Press F10 or select Save & Exit. (Legacy mode is not supported.)
2. Please download the driver from the Intel official website. Unzip the file and move to the USB flash drive.
3. Star install OS Windows 10 after above settings are ready. Please install OS under UEFI mode. (Legacy mode is not supported.)
4. 1) If you see the driver cannot found while installing Windows, please click Load Drive.
2) Select the driver(f6vmdflpy-x64 folder) in the USB flash drive.
3) Choose "Intel RST VMD Controller" then click Next.
4) Choose Unallocated Space and install Windows.
5. After finish the Windows OS Installation, please install "Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and utility”. ( SetupRST.exe downloaded in step 2)
The system will reboot after finish the installation.
6. Then Install Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management tool from Microsoft Store. Star the software after reboot.
7. You will see the status is Disable. Please select the drive.
1) Enable Intel Optane Memory.
2) Check "Erase all data on Intel Optane memory module and click Enable.
Then restart the system.
8. Intel Optane Memory status will show Enable after reboot the system.
1. Do not remove the Optane™ memories to avoid the system damage.
2. If you want to replace/remove the Optane™ memories, please disable "Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management" of the original memory first.